Wednesday, January 6, 2021

My Life Anecdotes(Part 3)

 Anecdote 3:

             

Many people want to learn. From the very high in ranks to the lowest in ranks. From the king to the dustman. From the CEO to the general workers. All have the desire to learn, but what stops most of us from learning is the available resources. Sometimes the books that we read or study are not inspiring enough for us to understand and master. It is the same with learning and mastering the English language. Way back, I started to find myself the inspiration to create and learn English communication when I was in secondary school. I stayed at the school hostel for five years and during that precious time, I learnt a lot from this foreign teacher who were brought to Malaysia from Britain by our school administrators. I have forgotten her name because this happened more than 30 years back. Her task was to teach us English at night. We had tuition classes every night and I enjoyed her classes very much, compared to my other friends. When I first met her, I was highly impressed with her intelligence and personality. She inspired me a lot. What I am trying to say here is, we need to emulate someone whom we really adores and inspires us. Someone who touches our hearts. During my years of teaching, I emulated her ways of reaching to me and my other friends and I am still practicing the same rules and regulations, be it formally or informally to my students and friends.

Note :

During CONVEX Ceremony 2017, I received The Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang (APC) by The Ministry of Education and The Most Caring Award voted by the students of batch 2017/2018.   I think I did touch their hearts in my own way. Thank You Allah

In short, what I can say is, sharing your knowledge and experience improve your personal performance, effectiveness, and skills, which should increase your personal profit. 

Sharing what you know will

** Help you learn: by doing research, synthesizing multiple viewpoints, and crystallizing ideas.

** Improve your personal brand by showcasing your expertise.

** Create demand for your expertise: increases opportunities for sales, revenue, appearances, publications, etc.

** Encourage people to request that you apply the information you shared; knowledge is 

     information in action, and this is what people actually want, not just written documents.

** Come back to you in the form of help when you need it.

** Get others to also share, which may ultimately benefit you.

** Increase your personal morale; people feel better when they can help others.

** Stroke your ego: when people ask for your help and then thank you for providing it.

** Strengthen your knowledge: others can confirm, point out flaws, or improve what you know.

**Aids your career: you can advance based on a reputation for getting results and helping the organization succeed



No comments:

Short Video Review - TAK PERNAH SUKA MAK

                                        https://youtu.be/8rFwwZremg4                                                           TAK PERNAH SU...